Friday 26 February 2016

The Journey Of The Blue Watering Can

A broken, rusty watering can was discovered in the gully at school.  I showed the teacher and we tested it to see if it would work.  It leaked from the spout.  Then we took it to the Discovery Shed and we tried to fix it.  Then the teacher took the lid off and we tried again, but it was no use.  I said my Dad could fix it so I took it home.  Dad and I sanded the can so we could get the chipped paint off.  Then we used a panel beating tool to make it round again.  Then we spray painted it with a red undercoat.  We waited for it to dry, then we put a type of grey glue on the spout where it leaked.  Then we spray painted the watering can dark blue.  We waited for it to dry for about two weeks.  I brought it back to school to show my teacher. 
 She thought it was AMAZING!!!
  


Testing out our new and improved watering can. 

 
Watering plants in the class and the garden.


WOW!  What a great watering can!

No comments:

Post a Comment